This website is maintained by the Commonwealth Youth Programme. Access and use by you of this site constitutes acceptance by you of these Terms and Conditions.
Throughout this document the terms ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to the Commonwealth Youth Programme and the terms ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to you the user.
1. WordPress & YouTube
The ‘Your Commonwealth’ website uses WordPress as its content management system. WordPress has its own Terms and Conditions of use, which all users agree to abide by when using the site. You can view the WordPress Terms and Conditions here http://en.wordpress.com/tos/.
The site also makes use of the YouTube online video community. YouTube has its own terms and conditions which are available here http://www.youtube.com/t/terms.
The Commonwealth Youth Programme makes every effort to ensure that the information published on the ‘Your Commonwealth’ website is accurate. However we cannot accept any liability for comments made by users. Visitors who rely on this information do so at their own risk.
3. Acceptable use of ’Comments’
By submitting a comment to this site you agree to abide by the following rules. We reserve the right not to publish comments that contravene any of these rules.
- Personal identification: When you leave a comment on the website, do so with a username and your real email address. Do not represent yourself as another person.
- Conduct and use of language: Your comment should be within the scope of the topic under discussion. Comments should be civil and tasteful, and must not be malicious or designed to offend. Swear-words and profanity will not be accepted. No reference should be made to the personality of other participants nor should attacks be made on an individual’s character.
- Legal liability: You should remember that you are legally responsible for what you write. By submitting a comment you undertake to indemnify the Commonwealth Youth Programme against any liability arising from breach of confidentiality or copyright, or any obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or other actionable statement you may make.
- Advertising, spamming and research: No advertising or promotion is allowed except where it is for an event, publication or similar item that has direct relevance to the subject of discussion. Information about locating and sharing knowledge and expertise is welcomed, but within the specific discussion provided.
Comments that violate any of the above rules will not be published. We will not edit any of your comments, but we may contact you if your comments contravene these rules.
4. Copyright and neighbouring rights
The material produced on this site may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium for research, private study, web-based discussion, or for internal circulation within an organisation.
This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context.
Where any of the items on this site are being republished or copied to others, the source of the material must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.
The permission to reproduce material does not extend to any material on this site which is identified as being the copyright of a third party.
Re-posting on commercial sites requires written permission from the Commonwealth Youth Programme.
5. Links to and from other websites
The Commonwealth Youth Programme is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Links to external sites should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
6. Intellectual property
Copying our logos and/or any other third party logos accessed via this website is not permitted without prior approval from the relevant copyright owner. Requests for permission to use our graphics should be sent by email to [email protected]. Tell us how and why you wish to use our logo(s). Please include your contact details.