Applications have now closed!
Do you have a passion for climate change issues? Are you interested in joining a network of like-minded young people who are dedicating to leading change?
The CYCN aims to build the capacity of young people in their endeavours to address climate change and other environmental issues, and advocate on climate change from a youth perspective. It is led by a youth team made of a Network Coordinator, five Steering Committee members, four Regional Coordinators, and 54 Country Coordinators. The team meets monthly (online) to coordinate, monitor, evaluate, and track progress and achievements of their work, while engaging other young people in its activities.
The CYCN is looking for dynamic and outstanding young people to serve a two-year mandate as Steering Committee members and Regional Coordinators.
Below is a list of the vacant positions. Applicants are encouraged to read more about the roles and responsibilities at this link: Roles and Responsibilities
Steering Committee Members
1. Steering Committee Member responsible for Communication & Public relations
2. Steering Committee Member responsible for Partnerships engagement
3. Steering Committee Member responsible for Participation & Grassroots engagement
4. Steering Committee Member responsible for Policy & Advocacy
5. Steering Committee Member responsible for Projects, Events & Competitions
1. Regional Coordinator for the Africa & Europe region
2. Regional Coordinator for the Asia region
3. Regional Coordinator for the Caribbean & The Americas region
4. Regional Coordinator for the Pacific region
In order to be considered, applicants must be:
- Aged between 18 to 29 years at the time of application deadline (29 May, 2016);
- A citizen of a Commonwealth country;
- Demonstrate strong commitment tothe CYCN’s vision and mission;
- Be passionate and active within their community on youth-led initiatives, projects or organisations focused on climate change, sustainable development, biological diversity, or any other environmental subject in a voluntary, educational or professional capacity;
- Possess advanced knowledge or expertise in climate change and/or related issues;
- Belong to an active and officially registered youth-led or youth-focused organisation, community group, students’ association, etc. focusing on climate change and/or related issues; and
- Be able to provide a proven track record on their work and passion on the above topics, verifiable from existing references, online videos, links, reports, publications, blogs, and other sources.
In order to be considered, your application should contain ALL of the following:
- One-page cover letter outlining your motivation and how it is relevant to the specific position;
- One-page detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- Minimum two references (academic or professional) that are aware of your work, experiences and achievements;
- A signed recommendation letter from your organisation, network, community group, etc to certify your membership; and
- Links to your social media accounts and any relevant videos about your work
The deadline for submissions is Sunday 29 May, 2016 at 11:59 PM GMT+1 (London Time). All applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
A Selection Committee comprising representatives from the CYCN, the Commonwealth Youth Council and the Youth Division of the Commonwealth Secretariat will assess the applications, and may invite shortlisted qualified candidates to Skype interviews at the end of May 2016. The full list of successful applicants will be published on 5 June 2016, World Environment Day, on the CYCN website. Successful applicants will also be notified by email. Please note that the Selection Committee’s final decisions are not subject to dispute.
Follow the CYCN online!
Powered by Facebook Comments