Do you want to be part of a team representing the voice of young people in the Commonwealth?
Nominations are open for the upcoming Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC) 2015 Elections for its executive team, and will close on 31July 2015.
The Commonwealth Youth Council is one of the largest and most diverse democratically elected youth-led organisations in the world, representing young people from across the Commonwealth in Asia, the Pacific, the Caribbean, the Americas, Africa and Europe. It’s the legitimate and official voice for young people from 53 Commonwealth countries.
To fit the general criteria for nomination, candidates:
- must be at least 15 years old at nomination, and be under 30 years for the entire term of office (November 2015-November 2017)
- must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a national and regional/international youth leader
- should be an experienced youth advocate
- must be national of a Commonwealth country, but do not need to be resident in that country.
The following positions are available and will be served for a two-year term:
- Vice Chairperson – Inclusion and Engagement
- Vice Chairperson – Partnerships and Resources
- Vice Chairperson – Policy and Advocacy
- Regional Representative – Africa and Europe
- Regional Representative – Asia
- Regional Representative – Caribbean and the Americas
- Regional Representative – Pacific
- Representative – Special Interest Groups
The elections are transparent and democratic. After nomination and reference checks, approved candidates will begin campaigning from August 2015, leading up to the elections.
Young people will have the opportunity to choose their leadership team on Election Day, 24 November 2015 during the Commonwealth Youth Council’s General Assembly in Malta.
Approved candidates are expected to be part of national and regional delegations attending the CYC’s General Assembly in Malta and must be physically present at the General Assembly.
The elections will coincide with the Commonwealth Youth Forum and the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting 2015. This year’s Youth Forum delegates are shaping national and Commonwealth agendas on topics of particular interest to young people under the theme ‘Adding Global Value…#WhatNext?’ Read more about the Commonwealth Youth Forum.
If you are a young person between the age 15 and 29 who would like to attend the Commonwealth Youth Forum and CYC General Assembly as a participant, visit the CHOGM Youth Forum site.
Learn more about the Commonwealth Youth Council, election updates and the work of the CYC by checking out the CYC website.
For a list of documentation for nominations and the CYC elections, including the nomination form, instructions and job descriptions; election details and the CYC Constitution, see the online nomination form.
If you have any questions about the CYC elections please contact us at: email@example.com
Any queries about attending the Commonwealth Youth Forum 2015 can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Facebook Comments