Being a Commonwealth Correspondent has certain responsibilities and requirements attached.
- Must respect the Commonwealth’s principles and values of tolerance and understanding.
- Must not make potentially libellous accusations against other individuals or organisations.
- In the spirit of respect and understanding, must not use YourCommonwealth with the express purpose of attacking individual people or entities.
- Must never copy the work of other people.
- Must take good care and never put themselves or anyone else in danger.
- Must take a balanced approach to their articles. Always try to put across the other counter argument. People have a right to reply!
- Must hold the citizenship of a Commonwealth member country. For a list of countries click here.
- Cannot claim to represent the Commonwealth Youth Programme or Commonwealth Secretariat.
- Are not professional journalists, unless recognised as such by a relevant body.
- Must attain, if they are under 18 years of age, the permission of a parent or guardian.
- By submitting articles, pictures and videos, give the Commonwealth Secretariat copyright permission to distribute or republish them on its websites and in information materials.