All contributors to YourCommonwealth, including Commonwealth Correspondents, are expected to adhere to the following Editorial Code:
- Will respect the Commonwealth’s principles and values, including those of tolerance and understanding.
- Will not use this website to make accusations against any named individuals or organisations, or otherwise make defamatory allegations.
- Will take a balanced approach in all reporting and strive to put across alternative views and counter arguments.
- Will not plagiarise, or copy, the work of others.
- Will obtain, if they are under 18 years of age, the permission of a parent or guardian to contribute.
- Will take good care and never put themselves or anyone else in danger.
- By submitting any content (i.e. articles, pictures and videos), give the Commonwealth Secretariat copyright to distribute or republish said content on its websites or other platforms. (Refer to the site’s copyright permissions for more information.)
- Give permission for content (i.e. articles, pictures and videos) to be offered by the Editor and Commonwealth Secretariat to other media outlets and platforms free-of-payment. (Republication will not entail commercial benefit, but will give added exposure to contributors’ work, YourCommonwealth.org and the Commonwealth Youth Programme.)
- Will not claim to represent the Commonwealth Youth Programme or Commonwealth Secretariat unless employed as such.